Shady Hollow, TX is found in Travis County and is home to around 5,004 individuals. The area has a community center with tennis courts, a basketball court, numerous parks and recreational areas, and much more. The town is a suburb of Austin and is 10 miles southwest of downtown. Being so close to the city, many people choose to live here so that they can be close to jobs and schools while being in a quiet neighborhood with the comforts of a small-town community.
If you live here, then you know how hot the summer can get - almost unbearable on some days. You also know how important it is to be sure that your home's air conditioner is well-maintained and always working like it should. Whenever you notice a problem, it is imperative that you get in touch with a dependable ac repair contractor serving your neighborhood so that you can get the problem diagnosed and taken care of right away before your family has to suffer in the miserable heat. We have years of experience helping countless homeowners throughout the greater Austin area, and we are looking forward to helping you next with whatever problem your cooling system is experiencing. We know that many people worry that hiring an HVAC company is going to be too expensive for them, and they think they will just have to DIY a fix to the problem. First of all, that is incredibly dangerous, and second, we promise to provide you with cost-effective services because we know how hard you work for your money!
When it comes to preventing a total AC breakdown on the hottest day of the year, there are some things you can do on your own that likely won't require the help of a professional. It's important to keep up with maintenance with this system just as you would with your home's roofing, siding, windows, landscaping, and so on. Below are some maintenance tips put together by Energy Star.
1. Be sure that you check your thermostat's settings to see that everything is correct.
2. Tighten electrical connections. Loose wires can cause the unit to not work as well as it should, or it may experience a breakdown if the wiring is damaged in some way.
3. Lubricate moving parts. Your owner's manual will likely have information about what kind and how much to use on your specific unit's motor.
4. Inspect the condensate drain. When the drain is clogged or blocked in some way, your cooling system can experience many different problems that will prevent it from keeping your home cool and comfortable.
5. Check the controls of the system. Be sure that the system starts and shuts off properly. If your unit is randomly coming on or turning off, there could potentially be a problem.
To learn more about maintaining your unit, or if you want to schedule an appointment for AC repair in Shady Hollow, please feel free to give us a call today, or you can fill out our online contact form. We are here and ready to work with you!
Other Towns Nearby That We Service
Austin, Kyle, Lakeway, Leander, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Barton Creek, Bastrop, Brushy Creek, Buda, Dripping Springs, Georgetown, Hudson Bend, Hutto, Jollyville, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Lost Creek, Manor, Rollingwood, San Marcos, Cedar Park, The Hills, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Wimberley, Windemere, Woodcreek, Wyldwood